If you ever come across an Alicanto your luck might be about to be changed forever. These birds are said to be a tell tale sign that there is undiscovered treasure in the vicinity. However you need to be careful, although you may be on the door step of unknown riches you may be a step closer to death as well.
The Alicanto is believed to feed on gold and other precious metals such as silver, depending on which metal they are consuming they can take on the material properties of it. They have metallic feathers which emit fluorescent light that is golden if they are eating gold or metallic silver if consuming silver. Some are even said to be green if eating copper ores. Because of the light they emit they do not cast a shadow and because of the weight of metal they are unable to fly. Though they are able to spread their wings wide and run at fast speeds. They are usually very large in size, do not be confused by the image given above as that is a representation of what a baby Alicanto may look like.
Treasure hunters are often in search of finding these mythical birds as following them may lead to their food source which is usually lucrative amounts of gold, silver and other precious metals. How the Alicanto is able to find these hidden treasures is not known but because it is their food source they must have developed some special senses to locate these sources.
It is also said that if the light from an Alicanto shines on you then you would be blessed with goof fortune for the remainder of your life. One thing to be wary of is that these birds are incredibly smart and have a keen sense of knowing when they are being followed, when detected, they consciously lead people astray, and often to their deaths by guiding them to cliff edges or other fatal accidents.
Azeban also known as Azban, Asban and Azaban, is a spirit god known to native American Abenaki and Penobscot people, who inhabited (and still do) the north eastern parts of America and Canada.
Azeban appears as a raccoon who plays low level tricks on people, other animals and beings. These are mostly harmless mischievous acts, which come off as comedic at times and the aim is to steal food or gain attention.
The legends of this spirit have mostly been told as children stories in these native tribes. Azeban does not cause any serious harm or trouble as he is not considered to be evil at heart.
The powers of Azeban are in part a reflection of real raccoons that is speed, stealth, powerful claws and climbing abilities. On-top of that it is able to use some magical abilities like disappearance and ultra fast speed.
Surprisingly we have a modern day version of Azeban in the form of the famous Marvel comics and Guardians of the Galaxy character of ‘Rocket Raccoon’. There are many similarities between this character and the spirit of Azeban. Including the compulsion to steal things Rocket Raccoon is fast and slick in it’s abilities, he also likes to play alot of tricks and pranks, however is good at heart.
If someone was to go on a search for this being, here is a map of where this spirit may manifest itself:
Did you know legends of the existence of entities which are similar to our modern understanding of vampires have existed since known history. It is only natural to assume that pre-historic homo-sapiens (humans) had notions of such entities as well.
Although much is said in popular culture these days there are many facts and legends which very few people know regarding the true history, origins and nature of vampires.
Here are 6 such facts and legends about vampire which are very less well known:
- In the bronze age nearly 5000 years ago (3000 BC), in ancient Mesopotamia which is widely considered the cradle of civilisation and the origins of written language and known history, people were afraid of certain spirits / demons which were believed to gain power from draining the blood of individuals. These were considered to be immortals and attacked mostly after dark.
- Legends of such entities also existed in the ancient Greek, Roman, Hebrew and Egyptian cultures.
- The transition of such entities into the more human form which we are familiar with these days is generally unknown however according to some theories it likely started after a very powerful spirit / demon possessed a human and in that form sucked the blood from another person in turn transferring the demonised blood into the victim who then survived but still contained this blood. Such instances may have occurred on multiple occasions in history, however most of the victims did not survive until one finally did.
- The term vampire has relatively recent origins, first appearing in english language roughly in 1734 AD, however this was adapted from German where the word Vampir had existed from much earlier, this in turn had origins in other languages. The root leads to it originating from the tartar language, which is a type of Turkic (spoken in modern Turkey), the original word was ‘Ubyr’ which means ‘witch’.
- Vampire have a unknown connection to witches, this appears to be in ancient history as this connection is rarely made these days. This is illustrated through the fact that the origins of the word seems to be from a word which actually meant witch and of the connection between spirits/demons and witch craft.
- Contrary to current popular belief the ancient folklores of vampires do not restrict their movement in day-light, this seems to have been added on in the 19th century. This does not imply that they move freely during the day as after dark is the best time to move un-detected and evade capture.
Goldhorn also known as Goldenhorn or Zlatorog is a legendary creature known to local cultures in Slovenia. According to the legends this creature is an immortal that is seen to reside around mount Triglav. This mountain which is snow covered throughout the year is the highest peak in Slovenia and the Julian Alps.
The Zlatorog’s outward appearance is that of a goat with golden horns. In local stories the blood of the Zlatorog has supernatural healing powers, curing all ailments, disease and even ageing. In fact where the blood of the Zlatorog falls there is a trail of special flowers which are said to posses similar healing properties. The Zlatorog is said to guard immense riches and treasures hidden around mount Triglav and anyone who attempts to get their hands on these has to face the wrath of the Goldhorn, who has tremendous magical abilities and strength, not unlike a dragon guarding it’s treasures.
Although generally believed to be a myth, there is testimony from witnesses having seen the legendary Zlatorog. If we know anything it is that we know nothing for sure and nature can surprise us when we least expect it. So it may be that there are treasures to be discovered deep in the highest peaks of the snow covered Julian Alps.
Here is a map of the known location: